Oven-Roasted Potatoes


If you asked anyone to describe me in a couple of words, you’d get a lot of different answers. One word you’d probably never hear though is patient. I love when things in my life come together quickly and perfectly, and my recipes are no exception. This week, Sondra and I have three new recipes that are perfect for the cook who loves to throw a few, powerful ingredients together and emerge from the other side with a delicious dish.  



On Sunday, I caught the caffeine-induced creativity bug and started cooking up a storm. My pantry was stocked with some potatoes that needed to be used quickly and as soon as I caught sight of them, I knew what I wanted to make. In the winter, our mom makes crispy, oven-roasted potatoes topped with rosemary, garlic, and a hard and salty Italian cheese called Pecorino Romano. My adaptation includes freshly zested lemon to give it a light, summery taste.



I’ve tried this dish many times and it tastes good no matter what type of potatoes you use. Don’t follow this recipe too closely though –it’s really a set of guidelines. Use as many potatoes as you want and adjust the seasoning accordingly. But I’ll give you fair warning, these potatoes will probably be gone before they even make it to your plate!



OVEN-ROASTED POTATOES

Prep time: 1 hour
Serves: 2


6 small Yukon Potatoes, ½ inch slices
I tbsp of Olive Oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp rosemary
½ lemon
¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated

METHOD:
Heat the oven to 350 F (175 C).

In a medium-sized baking dish, coat potato slices well with olive oil. Incorporate rosemary and garlic and toss until combined.

Cut three thin slices from the lemon and set them aside. Zest from the remaining piece of lemon over the top of the potatoes, tossing to incorporate. Place the thin lemon slices on top of the potatoes.

Bake for 35 minutes, or until tender (cook time will vary depending on the type of potatoes used). Remove the potatoes from the oven and sprinkle with Pecorino Romano cheese. Bake potatoes for another 10 minutes or until crispy. Serve immediately.



Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP